Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sometimes being a mommy is just boring...

As I sit down today to reflect on my day, it has occurred to me, that sometimes being a mommy is just boring. I can admit it, I was a rather boring person to begin with, but after months and months of something interesting to say happened every day, I see a day that is pretty boring in retrospect! But I realize, that sometimes, that's being a mommy too.

We started our day at 6 AM as usual. And I managed to keep E up until almost 8. She seems to be able to make it 2 hours more often, if I try hard to push her. So at 8 we all went back to bed. I mean really, what else should we do when the thermometer reads 14 degrees outside. So into the swing E goes, and back into bed I go. I planned on letting our nap be for about 2 hours, but when my alarm went off in 2 hours I shut it off and fell back asleep. So at 10:30ish, I woke back up with a start, and pretty much pushed Daddy out of bed. He could go get up with her. I was going back to sleep. Or so I thought. I ended up getting out of bed shortly there after. She was up until about 12 when she started getting cranky. She can't make it through the day on only 2 naps. So I tried to put her down in the crib, but she wasn't having any of that. So back into the swing she went. She napped for about 45 mins to an hour and then was up at about 1. I try to have her down for a nap at 2, so I wanted her up for a little bit before she was down for her long nap, but really she was rather cranky so it was a little difficult. We made it to a little bit before 2, and headed upstairs to get ready for her nap. We had a nurse and got all swaddled and cozy and into the crib she went. It took a few trips upstairs, but she was asleep by about 2:30. At about 3 she woke up again and Daddy put the pacifier in, and back to sleep she went. She slept until a little before 5. Which is just about right. So we all got up and had some tummy time, and played in our jumperoo, and sat on Daddy's lap, and then Mommies lap. By about 6 E was tired. So we tried to get her to take a little snooze. That probably lasted about 15 - 20 mins. And then we just prayed we could keep her awake until 7. We barely made it. Daddy is giving E her bedtime bottle, and that is pretty much that...

So really... sometimes being a mommy is just boring. But today was a good day to be boring. When the thermometer didn't break 20 degrees, it was nice to have a day that consisted of just napping and playing and napping and playing. I hope she'll have a good night, and maybe we'll try to leave the house tomorrow... that should result in a story to tell. It's never easy to travel these days. Sorry I couldn't find anything more interesting!

I hope all the Mommies and Daddies have a good evening, stay warm and sleep well. Can someone tell me? Who dropped the pacifier?

No comments:

Post a Comment